Discovering Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Take the short drive from our Fort Lauderdale hotel to beautiful beaches where you can enjoy sun, sand and surf. Or if your family is more into science, head over to the Museum of Discovery and Science and get hands-on with the interactive exhibits. From educational to entertaining and everything in between, For Lauderdale and the surrounding neighborhood has something for everyone. When you choose the Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North for your South Florida vacation home base, you’ll be in prime position to take advantage of all the fun things to do that surround our hospitable hotel.
Must See. Must Do. Can’t Miss
- Fort Lauderdale Beach.Fort Lauderdale is home to more than seven miles of beaches-and each stretch is more beautiful than the next. Explore the award-winning wavewall and sparkling line-up of shops, restaurants, sidewalk cafes and entertainment venues that dot the beachfront promenade. Activities abound, including boating, wind surfing, jet skiing, volleyball, snorkeling, scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and rollerblading.
- The Galleria.The Galleria is the largest upscale regional shopping center in Broward County. Discover two spectacular levels of world-class shopping and first-class service. Macy’s and Neiman Marcus anchor the mall with many specialty shops acting as strong supporting players, including Godiva Chocolatier, Bebe, Coach Leather, Williams-Sonoma, Cole Haan, J.Crew, and Banana Republic.
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.An 86-acre resort, the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino features an eye-popping 130,000-square-foot casino, a tropical pool area with water slides, a Hard Rock Café and Seminole Paradise, which wows visitors with a whopping 350,000 square feet of shopping, dining and entertainment options.
- Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale.The Museum of Art’s collection of more than six thousand works is both international and reflective of the irrepressible creativity of the cultures of South Florida and the Caribbean. Fans of the American artist William Glackens will be pleased to see a hefty collection of his work.
- Jungle Queen Riverboat.Travel up the New River to the Jungle Queen Indian Village with an informative captain providing interesting and humorous commentary. Along the way you’ll enjoy views of historic downtown Fort Lauderdale and impressive yacht basins. Upon arrival at the Jungle Queen Tropical Isle, you’ll encounter exotic birds, huge iguanas, rare trees and foliage, and playful monkeys (are there any other kind?).
If you’re looking to feed your hunger or quench your thirst, look no further than Fort Lauderdale. From American-fare favourites to ethnic cuisine of all kinds, you can find breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between. Grab a quick bite to eat at Dunkin Donuts, Wendy’s or Burger King. Miami Subs Pizza & Grill and Monster Subs are nearby and for family-style dining, take the short drive to Olive Garden. Chili’s features familiar menu options and a friendly atmosphere. If you are craving your favorite Italian-style dishes, sit down to dinner at Primavera Restaurant while Pizza Hut is one mile from our hotel.
More Local Hot Spots